Every sensible person thinks about saving money in today’s time. When we want to save money, then do some work himself. One such faucet DIY project is tightening the very loose Moen kitchen faucet.
Some people consider it to be a damping work but this task is very simple. So our plumbing team is going to talk about How to Tighten A Loose Moen Single Handle Kitchen Faucet. So our team has focused on all the points that you can understand easily without wasting any time.
How To Tighten A Loose Moen Kitchen Faucet Base with easy Process
Over time the base of your selected kitchen faucet may get very loose and free movement of the loose moen kitchen faucet base can cause rupture to the water supplying lines of the moen kitchen faucet valve which will lead to leakage. You can easily and comfortably get rid of this nuisance by tightening the bottom side.
- At first, locate the two water supplying Moen kitchen faucet valves. Typically, these are positioned at the back of the kitchen faucet cabinet.
- Now you need to turn off the valves to stop water dripping in from the home water supply lines. You need to rotate the faucet valves in a counterclockwise position to turn the taps off. Also, clear any obstacles from your kitchen sink and kitchen faucet that might hinder your reach to the valves.
- After disconnecting the water supply lines turn on the valves to release any water pressure from the kitchen faucet. It will help in the further process of tightening moen kitchen faucet.
- Now use a flashlight to focus on the faucet base. Attach an adjustable tool wrench with the water supply lines and the inlet. Now you will have to turn the adjustable and solid wrench in the counterclockwise direction to pry off the water lines.
- After that, you take a basin wrench and slowly slide it to hold a nut connected with the base of the moen kitchen faucet. You can rent a basin wrench from the nearest plumbing tools shop according to your need.
- Now try to tighten the nuts and screws of your kitchen faucet slowly.
- Connect the home water supply lines and turn them on slowly.
Now we are going to talk about How to Tighten Moen Kitchen Faucet Handle
How to Tighten Moen Kitchen Faucet Handle
Over time the handle of your selected kitchen faucet may get very loose and free movement of the loose moen kitchen faucet handle can start leakage the water supplying lines of the moen kitchen faucet valve which will lead to leakage.
And you have to need respond quickly to tighten a kitchen faucet handle. You can follow these steps we described below for you
- Clean and Remove all the things from over the sink so that nothing interferes with your work. Then stop the kitchen water supply lines to confirm that dripping water won’t create a water flood in your kitchen.
- Now, carefully check the moen black kitchen faucet valve handle. according on which model and brand of faucet you are using, you will notice either of the two main things
- A setscrew at the end of the moen kitchen faucet base with a recessed hex.
- Now find the proper size of the hex head wrench that will fit into the setscrews. Attach it with the setscrew firmly and turn it to the clockwise direction. Apply mild to intense pressure as you turn the hex wrench to tighten the handle.
- In case the setscrew hides underneath the decorative cap, then you have to need use a screwdriver and pliers to remove it. Then follow the step number 3 to tighten the setscrew and then reconnect the decorative lid. Confirm that you don’t damage the cap and lines in the process.
- At the last moment, reattach the kitchen water supply line and turn on the valve.
This process can be used in all the moen kitchen faucet models.
The loose connection of the kitchen faucet base or handle causes unnecessary water wastage of your home, which increases your water bill amount. But you can getting rid with these some easy steps as you have get
Hence, we write the article according to plumbing team for how to tighten a loose moen single handle kitchen faucet. We hope you love the steps of process and we want to know which tutorial guideline article you would like to read from us the next moments.
reviewsnguide is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for website owners to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon(.com, .co.uk, .ca etc) and any other website that may be affiliated with Amazon Service LLC Associates Program.